Psssst! This blog post has moved: sewpow.com
Hello again. Hard to believe, but it’s time for another review! Today I bring you Simplicity 1367 (also listed as Simplicity 0563).
I was and am incredibly excited about this pattern. These are the exercise pants I wanted.
Why’d I make this?
- I needed exercise shorts
- I wanted to practice working with knit and woven fabric on one garment
- easiest commercial garment pattern I’ve ever done
- fun to sew
- the yoga waist doesn’t dig into my…
- these are a great stepping stone from pajamas to something you wear in public
- gapping back
- they’re crazy short–not your grandma’s shorts
- ease is a crazy 4 inches
- get creative with your fabric
- go down a size
- get a “strong knit” because that band holds up your pants–nothing skimpy
- sometimes Jo-Ann’s patterns should be on sale but aren’t–> check for a “sister listing” under a different number
Some things come in threes (oh, this is pre-hemming):
Overall highly recommended
The video won’t be out until tomorrow. If you’re afraid you’ll miss it, follow on twitter. Be the first to know.
Does anyone know why there are two different pattern numbers sometimes?
*The video (with improved sound) is now below.