Psssst! This blog post has moved: sewpow.com
It’s heating up outside. I’ve skipped over all that shirt sewing and went straight for the bra top. *smile*
Why did I sew this garment?
Good question. I wanted to sew something that covered the apex area. I’ve yet to make a dress, so I thought this would be a good stepping stone towards making a bodice.
What new skills did I practice?
- making pleats
- constructing a bodice-like garment
- lining a garment
- first halter neckline
- mostly straightforward directions
- clean design lines
- educational fashion facts
- low fabric footprint
- inconsistent lining directions
- too-large circumference
- don’t get discouraged if garment looks weird halfway through; I thought cups were way too large, but they ended up ok
- center your buttons according to your underbust circumference
The classic 3-point pose:
I’m definitely making more of these. But I haven’t decided which one I should do next. Any thoughts? B, C or D??
Thanks for reading. Want more? Check out my video review page.